This research showed that residents in the Point of the Mountain area:
- Feel development in the area must include a comprehensive transportation plan that includes public transportation.
- Are transit users. The majority have ridden UTA within the past year.
- Perceive local barriers to accessing public transit, specifically travel time and proximity to bus stops or train stations. However, they are open to riding transit more and may pay more for the system they want.
- Support using public funds for world-class public transportation to support growth and development that preserves their quality of life and the environment.
- Need more information about Bus Rapid Transit versus light rail before they can accurately compare alternatives.
- Expect open communication and ongoing engagement regarding the project.