December 2021 Change Day
UTA is proposing some service adjustments, which are noted below, for December 2021 Change Day. We are holding a public comment period on the proposed changes from October 4 through November 6, 2021. UTA welcomes your comments to these potential adjustments to our services.
You may also submit comments through the following:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 801-743-3882, option 5
- Mailing: Utah Transit Authority, C/O Megan Waters, 669 W 200 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
- Public Hearing:a virtual public hearing will be held over Zoom on Wednesday, October 20 6-7pm. Register to participate: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_ljl7IR8LRuiMzQLVWNZiXw
- Listen only by tuning into the livestream on UTA’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/RideUTA/
- Customer Service:talk to a customer service representative and leave a comment in-person at the following locations open 8:30am-5pm Monday through Friday:
- Downtown Salt Lake City
250 South 600 West, SLC, UT 84101
3600 South 700 West, SLC, UT 84119
- Ogden Transit Center
2393 Wall Avenue, Ogden, UT 84401
UTA is proposing the following service adjustments this December Change Day on some bus routes. The proposed changes are based on low ridership and efficiency on these routes.
- Route 640: Reduce Saturday service from 30 minutes to 60 minutes
- Route 454: Discontinue
- Route 451: Modify routing to serve International Center and North Temple; Add stops and connect with TRAX at 1940 W. North Temple, essentially covering the service provided by Route 454 and connecting riders to Salt Lake City
- Route F522: Discontinue
Public comments on these changes will be submitted to the UTA Board of Trustees for consideration.
Change Day Postponed to December 12
UTA is also postponing the date of Change Day from November 28 to December 12. This Change Day includes various changes to bus and rail routes throughout the system, as well as the start of Ski Bus service in the Cottonwood Canyons, and to Snowbasin, Powder Mountain and Sundance.
We are delaying Change Day as the agency has been facing a shortage in bus operators, not unlike the experience of many other industries during these challenging times. By postponing Change Day to December 12, we hope to have enough time to complete the hiring and training process of the personnel needed to maintain our planned service. UTA continues to closely monitor the operator shortage situation and the possibility for unplanned reductions to Ski and other services.