UTA Board & Board Advisory Council MeetingsFor Board & Board Advisory Council Meeting information, click here.
Upcoming Public Hearings
Public Hearing for August Service Changes. The Utah Transit Authority (UTA) is proposing several changes to transit service beginning in August. The proposed changes aim to improve flexibility and access; connect riders to transit where and when they need it; and replace and upgrade routes with on-demand service or new Flex routes for increased mobility – learn more at rideuta.com/AugustChanges. A 30-day public comment period will occur April 28 through May 28; one virtual public hearing, along with several other community engagement opportunities, will be held to gather feedback.
The public hearing will be held on Wednesday, May 12 at 6pm-7pm. Due to COVID-19 gathering restrictions, and in compliance with Governor Cox’s executive order regarding open meetings laws, this will be an all-electronic Zoom meeting with no anchor location. The public hearing meeting will provide an overview of proposed service changes, take questions, and accept public comment from participants.
- Listen Only: If you wish to view and listen (only) to the formal meeting, you can do so live at UTA’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/RideUTA/
- Participate: If you would like to provide a public comment during the public hearing on May 12, please register to join via Zoom any time prior to the hearing’s conclusion: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_m1ZdUVAARHeMrwfmVQ99pQ
- Registered participants will be given an opportunity to speak in a specified order. To ensure all participants have an opportunity to speak, comments are limited to three minutes per person. All who wish to view the hearing following the event may do so through our YouTube channel or Facebook page.
To assure full participation at the hearing and during the public comment period, accommodations for effective communication such as a sign language interpreter, printed materials in alternative formats or a language interpreter for non-English speaking participants must be requested at least five (5) working days prior to the date of the scheduled event by contacting the UTA Hearing Officer at 801-244-3271. Requests for ADA accommodations should be directed to UTA’s ADA Compliance Officer at 801-262-5626 or dial 711 to make a relay call for deaf or hearing impaired persons.
For more engagement opportunities visit rideuta.com/AugustChanges.
Other Public Meetings
Utah Public Notice Website
- Go to https://www.utah.gov/pmn/index.html
- Under the Government tab, select Special Districts
- Next, under the Entity tab, scroll to Utah Transit Authority and click on it
- Next, under the Body tab, select Board of Trustees and click
- Then scroll down the page to find UTA Board of Trustees meeting recordings and documents