UTA Board & Board Advisory Council MeetingsFor Board & Board Advisory Council Meeting information, click here.
Upcoming Public Hearings
UTA Tentative Budget 2021, Public Hearing & Comment Period
There will be a public hearing held on Wednesday, November 11 at 6pm at UTA’s downtown Salt Lake City office at 669 West 200 South. COVID-19 precautions will be in place – masks are required and social distancing of six feet will be observed at all times.
Prior to the public hearing, from 5:30 to 6:00 p.m., UTA will hold a Public Budget Open House to allow the public to review and discuss the budget with UTA representatives. During this time, in addition to having specific questions answered, the public may submit written comments to UTA. At 6:00 p.m., as part of a specially scheduled UTA board meeting, individuals may provide verbal comment directly to UTA’s Board of Trustees.
To assure full participation at the hearing, accommodations for effective communication such as sign language interpreters, printed materials in alternative formats, or a language interpreter for non-English speaking participants, must be requested at least two (2) working days prior to the date of the scheduled event. Requests for ADA accommodations should be directed to UTA ADA Compliance Officer at email@example.com or 801-287-3536, or dial 711 to make a relay call for deaf or hearing impaired persons. To request a language interpreter, please contact 801-287-2290.
In addition to the hearing, the tentative budget will be available for public review and comment from November 11, 2020 – December 11, 2020. During the 30-day comment period the public can submit comments via email, online, mail, or phone. Information on the 2021 Tentative Budget may be found at www.rideuta.com/budget or viewed in person at UTA Headquarters, 669 W 200 S, Salt Lake City, UT.
Comments must be received, postmarked or electronically submitted to UTA through one of the following methods by 5 p.m. on December 11, 2020 to be considered as part of the public comment record.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 801-743-3882
- Mailing: Utah Transit Authority, C/O Megan Waters, 669 W 200 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
- Website: www.rideuta.com/budget
If you would like to join this public hearing, please choose one of the following options:
- Attend in person at UTA headquarters, Golden Spike rooms (669 W 200 S. Salt Lake City Utah) – Masks and social distancing required
- Watch/listen live via our UTA YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=utaride
- Watch/listen/comment by joining the WebEx meeting by following these instructions:
- Click on this link https://rideuta.webex.com/rideuta/j.php?MTID=e8575f48f6b540d16ccb1e48c61d89a78
- Follow registration instructions – you will need to enter your name and email address (you will receive and email confirming submission of your registration)
- Wait for your registration to be approved by UTA (you will receive another email once your registration is approved)
- Use the “Join Event” button in your registration approval email to join the hearing 15 minutes before the start of the meeting.
- To make a public comment raise your hand (hand located by opening the participant window and clicking on the hand icon).
- Participants will be muted upon entry into the meeting. Participants who raise their hand to make a comment will be called on by the Board and be unmuted to make their comment. Comments are limited to 2 minutes
Other Public Meetings
UTA Tentative Budget 2021, Virtual Public Open House
A virtual public open house will be held for informational purposes on Tuesday, November 10 from 6pm-7pm and members of the public are welcome to register to participate: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN__krZe5_RTM2yOgnabmFgHw.
Utah Public Notice Website
- Go to https://www.utah.gov/pmn/index.html
- Under the Government tab, select Special Districts
- Next, under the Entity tab, scroll to Utah Transit Authority and click on it
- Next, under the Body tab, select Board of Trustees and click
- Then scroll down the page to find UTA Board of Trustees meeting recordings and documents