Have any questions or concerns?
- Hotline: 385-287-6647
- Email: OgdenBRT@rideuta.com
- Construction Updates: http://eepurl.com/hqTSD9
- Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/OgdenBRT
Bus Rapid Transit or BRT combines the capacity and speed of light rail with the lower cost construction of an integrated bus system. Once complete, Ogden Express (formerly route 603) will provide riders a clean-air ride in an electric bus from the Ogden FrontRunner Station, through downtown, along dedicated bus lanes in the center of the road on Harrison Boulevard and through the Weber State University campus, and to McKay-Dee Hospital. When operational, riders will be able to catch the bus every 10-15 minutes on weekdays and 15-30 minutes on weekends. The project will benefit the community by reducing vehicle trips, supporting the economy and providing transportation choices.
Download Quick Facts
Download Frequently Asked Questions
Road reconstruction & pedestrian crossings
New widened roads, pedestrian crossings
& adding turn lanes on 32nd & 36th Streets
New shared use path with road reconstruction
pedestrian crossings and bike lanes
Utah Transit Authority, Jacobs Engineering, AECOM, WCEC, and Stacy and Witbeck have partnered to design and construct the Ogden Express (OGX) line over the next three years. Project segments will be constructed simultaneously in multiple locations to ensure project completion in a timely manner.
Updates this Week:
- Washington Blvd.: BRT station utility work is planned next week. UDOT repaving project continues through late October between 22ndand 40th streets.
- Harrison Blvd.: Next week, crews plan to install new traffic signal poles at 32nd and 36th streets and continue retaining wall construction at Goldenwest Credit Union. Traffic is shifted to the east side of the road in the work zone between 32nd and 33rd streets and two lanes are maintained in each direction. Traffic control has been temporarily removed between 34th and 36th streets. Crews tentatively plan to return to this area by late October when the work zone will be restored with new lane striping.
- Weber State University: Crews plan to install street light poles next week on central campus and continue curb/sidewalk installation and busway paving just south of Kimball Arts and north Lindquist Plaza. Utility installations and station platform work will begin at Village Drive. Water line work is planned at 4225 S. Station platform and utility work continues at the Dee Events Center. Utility work is planned at 4400 S./Harrison Blvd.
- As a precursor to BRT construction, an Ogden City water line replacement continues on 25th Street between Adams Avenue and Van Buren Avenue.
To stay up to date on the latest and greatest news about construction and the Ogden BRT, we suggest you take advantage of these great resources during this project:
- Sign-up for construction updates: http://eepurl.com/hqTSD9
- Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/OgdenBRT
- Call us: 385-287-6647
- Email us: OgdenBRT@rideuta.com
An Environmental Assessment (EA) was completed for the project in 2019. The purpose of the EA was to identify the environmental effects associated with project construction and operation and to provide agencies and the public an opportunity to review and comment on the effects of the proposed project. The EA evaluated impacts to socioeconomic, environmental, and transportation conditions in the project area and what further actions or mitigation could be implemented to address the identified impacts.
- Environmental Assessment - Ogden/Weber State University Transit Project
- Resumen Ejecutive en Espanol
- Appendix A Alternative Analysis Update Report
- Appendix A Alternative Analysis Update Report Appendix A & B
- Appendix A Alternative Analysis Update Report Appendix C - H
- Appendix B Technical Reports
- Appendix B1 Land Use Economic Development Technical Report
- Appendix B2 Social Environment Technical Report
- Appendix B3 Environmantal Justice Technical Report
- Appendix B4 Traffic and Transportation Technical Report
- Appendix B5 Hazardous Waste Sites Technical Report
- Appendix B6 Energy Technical Report
- Appendix B7 Air Quality Technical Report
- Appendix B8 Visual and Aesthetic Resource Technical Report
- Appendix B9 Noise and Vibration Technical Report
- Appendix B10 Water Quality Technical Report
- Appendix B11 Floodplains Technical Report
- Appendix B12 Geology Technical Report
- Appendix B13 Historic Technical Report part 1
- Appendix B13 Historic Technical Report part 2
- Appendix B13 Historic Technical Report part 3
- Appendix B14 Section 4f Evaluation
- Appendix C Coversheet
- Appendix C1 Bureau of Reclamation Coordination regarding South Ogden Highline Canal
- Appendix C2 Section 106 Coordination part 1
- Appendix C2 Section 106 Coordination part 2
- Appendix C2 Section 106 Coordination part 3
- Appendix C2 Section 106 Coordination part 4
- Appendix C2 Section 106 Coordination part 5
- Appendix C2 Section 106 Coordination part 6
- Appendix C2 Section 106 Coordination part 7
- Appendix C3 Agency Scoping Letters
- Appendix D Detailed Design Figures part 1
- Appendix D Detailed Design Figures part 2
- Appendix D Detailed Design Figures part 3
- Appendix E Distribution List
Finding of No Significant Impact