Have any questions or concerns?
- Hotline: 385-287-6647
- Email: OgdenBRT@rideuta.com
- Construction Updates: http://eepurl.com/hqTSD9
- Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/OgdenBRT
Bus Rapid Transit or BRT combines the capacity and speed of light rail with the lower cost construction of an integrated bus system. Once complete, Ogden Express (formerly route 603) will provide riders a clean-air ride in an electric bus from the Ogden FrontRunner Station, through downtown, along dedicated bus lanes in the center of the road on Harrison Boulevard and through the Weber State University campus, and to McKay-Dee Hospital. When operational, riders will be able to catch the bus every 10-15 minutes on weekdays and 15-30 minutes on weekends. The project will benefit the community by reducing vehicle trips, supporting the economy and providing transportation choices.
Download Quick Facts
Download Frequently Asked Questions
Road reconstruction & pedestrian crossings
New widened roads, pedestrian crossings
& adding turn lanes on 32nd & 36th Streets
New shared use path with road reconstruction
pedestrian crossings and bike lanes
Utah Transit Authority, Jacobs Engineering, AECOM, WCEC, and Stacy and Witbeck have partnered to design and construct the Ogden Express (OGX) line over the next three years. Project segments will be constructed simultaneously in multiple locations to ensure project completion in a timely manner.
Updates this week:
- OGX station work continues with Washington Blvd. between 24th and 25th streets.
- Road reconstruction is nearing completion on 23rd Street and the entire section past The Junction between Wall Ave. and Washington Blvd. is open to traffic.
- The new traffic signal at Lincoln Ave. is now functional and is expected to become fully operational next week. Motorists are advised to exercise caution as drivers become accustomed to the new signal.
- Station platform work and paver installations are planned next week between Costa Vida and Kiesel Avenue. Crews will also complete concrete punch list items and signage and striping between Wall and Washington.
Ogden Intermodal Transit Center
- Next week, crews will continue station platform work, signage and striping at the OGX Central Station at the Intermodal Transit Center (FrontRunner station).
- To accommodate work, pedestrian walkways, parking lot access, drop-off locations and ADA parking stall access have been shifted. Pedestrians are advised to use the temporary walkways around the active construction zone and to stay out of the work area.
- OGX station work continues near the Jefferson Ave., Monroe Blvd. and Harrison Blvd. intersections. Glass windscreen installations continue at 25th Street stations. Asphalt micro surfacing is planned next week at the Monroe intersection.
- Final paving has been completed on Harrison Blvd. between 31st and 37th streets and temporary lane striping has been placed. Crews plan to finish raising utility manholes to grade Friday night (May 26). Harrison Blvd will be reduced to one lane in work zones between 7 p.m. and 5 a.m. Final striping is planned June 3-4. Concrete punch list items and asphalt micro surfacing are also planned next week at various locations along Harrison Blvd. with possible intermittent lane closures for this work.
- OGX station work continues at 28th Street (Ogden High School) and 32nd and 36th streets. Watch for lane shifts.
- Not associated with the OGX alignment, minor road widening including curb/gutter and driveway reconstruction continues with the south side of 36th Street between Iowa Ave. and Tyler Ave. Roadway demo, excavation and utility work are planned next week.
- The final phase of construction is underway along Harrison Blvd. to install center dedicated bus lanes between 31st and 37th streets and OGX stations at 32nd and 36th streets. Left turns and U-turns are permitted only at 32nd and 36th streets. Drivers are advised to reduce speeds and watch for lane shifts.
Weber State University
- Asphalt micro surfacing is planned next Tuesday (May 30) on Village Drive from Wildcat Village past the Hurst Center. A detour will be in place between 7 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. for this work.
- Landscaping is underway across campus.
- OGX station platform work continues near the hospital's main entrance, with pedestrian access maintained
To stay up to date on the latest and greatest news about construction and the Ogden BRT, we suggest you take advantage of these great resources during this project:
- Sign-up for construction updates: http://eepurl.com/hqTSD9
- Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/OgdenBRT
- Call us: 385-287-6647
- Email us: OgdenBRT@rideuta.com
An Environmental Assessment (EA) was completed for the project in 2019. The purpose of the EA was to identify the environmental effects associated with project construction and operation and to provide agencies and the public an opportunity to review and comment on the effects of the proposed project. The EA evaluated impacts to socioeconomic, environmental, and transportation conditions in the project area and what further actions or mitigation could be implemented to address the identified impacts.
- Environmental Assessment - Ogden/Weber State University Transit Project
- Resumen Ejecutive en Espanol
- Appendix A Alternative Analysis Update Report
- Appendix A Alternative Analysis Update Report Appendix A & B
- Appendix A Alternative Analysis Update Report Appendix C - H
- Appendix B Technical Reports
- Appendix B1 Land Use Economic Development Technical Report
- Appendix B2 Social Environment Technical Report
- Appendix B3 Environmantal Justice Technical Report
- Appendix B4 Traffic and Transportation Technical Report
- Appendix B5 Hazardous Waste Sites Technical Report
- Appendix B6 Energy Technical Report
- Appendix B7 Air Quality Technical Report
- Appendix B8 Visual and Aesthetic Resource Technical Report
- Appendix B9 Noise and Vibration Technical Report
- Appendix B10 Water Quality Technical Report
- Appendix B11 Floodplains Technical Report
- Appendix B12 Geology Technical Report
- Appendix B13 Historic Technical Report part 1
- Appendix B13 Historic Technical Report part 2
- Appendix B13 Historic Technical Report part 3
- Appendix B14 Section 4f Evaluation
- Appendix C Coversheet
- Appendix C1 Bureau of Reclamation Coordination regarding South Ogden Highline Canal
- Appendix C2 Section 106 Coordination part 1
- Appendix C2 Section 106 Coordination part 2
- Appendix C2 Section 106 Coordination part 3
- Appendix C2 Section 106 Coordination part 4
- Appendix C2 Section 106 Coordination part 5
- Appendix C2 Section 106 Coordination part 6
- Appendix C2 Section 106 Coordination part 7
- Appendix C3 Agency Scoping Letters
- Appendix D Detailed Design Figures part 1
- Appendix D Detailed Design Figures part 2
- Appendix D Detailed Design Figures part 3
- Appendix E Distribution List
Finding of No Significant Impact