Have any questions or concerns?
- Hotline: 385-287-6647
- Email: OgdenBRT@rideuta.com
- Construction Updates: http://eepurl.com/hqTSD9
- Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/OgdenBRT
Bus Rapid Transit or BRT combines the capacity and speed of light rail with the lower cost construction of an integrated bus system. Once complete, Ogden Express (formerly route 603) will provide riders a clean-air ride in an electric bus from the Ogden FrontRunner Station, through downtown, along dedicated bus lanes in the center of the road on Harrison Boulevard and through the Weber State University campus, and to McKay-Dee Hospital. When operational, riders will be able to catch the bus every 10-15 minutes on weekdays and 15-30 minutes on weekends. The project will benefit the community by reducing vehicle trips, supporting the economy and providing transportation choices.
Download Quick Facts
Download Frequently Asked Questions
Road reconstruction & pedestrian crossings
New widened roads, pedestrian crossings
& adding turn lanes on 32nd & 36th Streets
New shared use path with road reconstruction
pedestrian crossings and bike lanes
Utah Transit Authority, Jacobs Engineering, AECOM, WCEC, and Stacy and Witbeck have partnered to design and construct the Ogden Express (OGX) line over the next three years. Project segments will be constructed simultaneously in multiple locations to ensure project completion in a timely manner.
Updates this week:
- OGX station work continues on Washington Blvd. between 24th and 25thstreets.
- Roadway excavation and curb/gutter/sidewalk removal resume next week between Grant and Kiesel avenues.
- Looking ahead: during the week of Jan. 23rd, waterline work is planned in the Kiesel/23rd St. intersection which will require a partial intersection closure. The project PR team will reach out to businesses with details prior to the work.
- Roadway reconstruction will continue through spring 2023 between Grant Ave. and Kiesel Ave. (The Junction). New OGX stations will be built adjacent to the Salomon Center and Megaplex Theatres. 23rdStreet is closed to all traffic and on-street parking between Kiesel Ave. and the parking garages on Grant Ave. Access to the 23rd St. parking garage entrances remains open from Grant. North/south traffic and pedestrian access remains open on both Grant and Kiesel avenues. Sidewalk is closed on the south side of 23rd Street past the theater but remains open on the north side of the street. Future construction phases will require closure of 23rd Street between Kiesel Ave. and Washington Blvd.
- Lincoln Ave. is open to thru-traffic between 22nd and 24th streets.
- 23rd Street is closed to all traffic from Lincoln to Grant avenues for reconstruction. Paving will be completed in spring 2023. Existing sidewalk remains open during construction and alternate business parking is available on Lincoln Ave.
Ogden Intermodal Transit Center
- Station platform, concrete and utility work and site grading are planned next week for the OGX Central Station at the Intermodal Transit Center(FrontRunner station). To accommodate work, pedestrian walkways, parking lot access, drop-off locations and ADA parking stall access have been shifted. Pedestrians are advised to use the temporary walkways around the active construction zone and to stay out of the work area. Vehicle access to the FrontRunner parking lot has been shifted to the northern entrance. A temporary drop-off zone is in place east of the construction zone.
- OGX station work continues near the Jefferson Ave., Monroe Blvd. and Harrison Blvd. intersections.
- Roadway sign installation and spot concrete work are planned next week at various spots along Harrison Blvd.
- OGX station work continues at 28th Street (Ogden High School) and 32ndand 36th streets. Watch for lane shifts.
- The final phase of construction is underway along Harrison Blvd. to install center dedicated bus lanes between 31st and 37th streets and OGX stations at 32nd and 36th streets. To accommodate work, traffic has been shifted to the outside lanes and left-turns are permitted only at 32nd and 36th streets. The center of Harrison Blvd. is closed off to accommodate construction. Two lanes are maintained in each direction during daytime hours. Drivers are advised to reduce speeds and watch for lane shifts. Left-turns are restricted in the work zone.
Weber State University
- Next week, crews will prep the new OGX alignment for curb/gutter between Harrison Blvd. and Lindquist Plaza.
- WSU Wildcat Shuttle service is open between the Dee Events Center and Central Campus. Clean air electric buses are servicing three stations on campus every 5-10 minutes on weekdays from 6:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. along the new dedicated alignment between Central Campus, Wildcat Village student housing and the Dee Events Center. Fare is free and free parking is available at the Dee Events Center parking lot. Please note that the new busway is for buses only and is not open for public access.
- OGX station construction continues near the hospital's main entrance, with pedestrian access maintained.
To stay up to date on the latest and greatest news about construction and the Ogden BRT, we suggest you take advantage of these great resources during this project:
- Sign-up for construction updates: http://eepurl.com/hqTSD9
- Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/OgdenBRT
- Call us: 385-287-6647
- Email us: OgdenBRT@rideuta.com
An Environmental Assessment (EA) was completed for the project in 2019. The purpose of the EA was to identify the environmental effects associated with project construction and operation and to provide agencies and the public an opportunity to review and comment on the effects of the proposed project. The EA evaluated impacts to socioeconomic, environmental, and transportation conditions in the project area and what further actions or mitigation could be implemented to address the identified impacts.
- Environmental Assessment - Ogden/Weber State University Transit Project
- Resumen Ejecutive en Espanol
- Appendix A Alternative Analysis Update Report
- Appendix A Alternative Analysis Update Report Appendix A & B
- Appendix A Alternative Analysis Update Report Appendix C - H
- Appendix B Technical Reports
- Appendix B1 Land Use Economic Development Technical Report
- Appendix B2 Social Environment Technical Report
- Appendix B3 Environmantal Justice Technical Report
- Appendix B4 Traffic and Transportation Technical Report
- Appendix B5 Hazardous Waste Sites Technical Report
- Appendix B6 Energy Technical Report
- Appendix B7 Air Quality Technical Report
- Appendix B8 Visual and Aesthetic Resource Technical Report
- Appendix B9 Noise and Vibration Technical Report
- Appendix B10 Water Quality Technical Report
- Appendix B11 Floodplains Technical Report
- Appendix B12 Geology Technical Report
- Appendix B13 Historic Technical Report part 1
- Appendix B13 Historic Technical Report part 2
- Appendix B13 Historic Technical Report part 3
- Appendix B14 Section 4f Evaluation
- Appendix C Coversheet
- Appendix C1 Bureau of Reclamation Coordination regarding South Ogden Highline Canal
- Appendix C2 Section 106 Coordination part 1
- Appendix C2 Section 106 Coordination part 2
- Appendix C2 Section 106 Coordination part 3
- Appendix C2 Section 106 Coordination part 4
- Appendix C2 Section 106 Coordination part 5
- Appendix C2 Section 106 Coordination part 6
- Appendix C2 Section 106 Coordination part 7
- Appendix C3 Agency Scoping Letters
- Appendix D Detailed Design Figures part 1
- Appendix D Detailed Design Figures part 2
- Appendix D Detailed Design Figures part 3
- Appendix E Distribution List
Finding of No Significant Impact