If you’re interested in making public transit more accessible for people with disabilities, we need your help. We are seeking applicants for the Committee on Accessible Transportation (CAT), a panel designed to help us better serve riders with unique needs.


How often will I attend meetings?

CAT members must be able to meet 1-2 times per month throughout the two-year term. Click here for more information.

Are committee members compensated?

CAT members do not receive pay but they do receive a monthly transit pass.

Who can apply for the CAT?

We’re looking for CAT members that represent UTA’s diverse rider community. Applicants must live in Box Elder, Weber, Davis, Salt Lake, Utah or Tooele counties. We’re specifically seeking members who can help represent the following groups: people with cognitive or learning disabilities, people with mental illness, people with mobility impairments, people who are deaf or hard of hearing, people who are blind or visually impaired, people 65 and older and people with multiple disabilities.

How do I apply?

Complete our online application. If you have questions or need assistance completing the application, contact the UTA ADA compliance officer at (801) 287-3536 or dial 711 for the Utah Relay. Applications are due March 19, 2018.