Good news, skiers and snowboarders – spring is coming, but there’s still plenty of time to enjoy this year’s amazing snow. If you’re headed to the slopes, leave your car at home and ride UTA’s ski bus service. UTA ski buses are a great way to avoid fighting canyon traffic while helping to improve our air quality. This week only, you can have the chance to win one of four free ski passes and UTA goodies – just for riding the bus!
UTA Ski Bus Scavenger Hunt
- Ride a UTA ski bus Feb. 22 through Feb. 24.
- Look under your ski bus seat.
- If you see a silver envelope that says “Ski Bus Voucher”, open it.
- Take a picture of yourself with the voucher and tweet it to us. Facebook or email work too. Be sure your social media account settings are public, or we won’t be able to see your photo. You must contact us by the end of day on Feb. 27, 2017.
- We’ll respond to you with instructions on how to redeem a one-day 2016-2017 ski pass to any ski resort served by UTA ski buses. This includes Powder Mountain, Snowbasin, Solitude, Brighton, Snowbird, Alta and Sundance.
Visit www.ucair.org for more ways to help improve Utah’s air quality. Tag your social media photos with #showucair as you ride the bus or engage in other activities to help improve our air.
Official Ski Bus Social Media Scavenger Hunt Contest and Giveaway Rules
No purchase necessary to enter or to win. Void where prohibited. Participation in this Contest constitutes your agreement to be bound by these Official Rules.
- Eligibility. Individuals who participate in the Contest are sometimes referred to as an “Entrant”. This Contest is open only to individuals who are at least eighteen (18) years of age on the entry date. Employees, officers, directors, or trustees of the Utah Transit Authority (“UTA”) and their immediate family members (spouse, domestic partner, parents, legal guardians, grandparents, grandchildren, siblings, children, and “step” of each) and those individuals living in their same household are not eligible to enter or win.
- Contest Period. The Contest Period shall start on February 22, 2017 and run through February 27, 2017. Dates are subject to change upon UTA discretion.
- How to Enter. UTA Representatives will place a UTA envelope under a seat of one UTA bus on a ski bus route in Ogden, Big/Little Cottonwood and Sundance between Feb. 22 and Feb. 24. Entrants will be instructed on UTA’s Facebook and Twitter channels to look for the envelopes as they ride the ski buses.
- Winner Selection and Notification. An Entrant who locates an envelope and tweets a picture of himself or herself with the envelope first to @RideUTA will win a voucher good for a one-day pass to any Utah ski resort, a UTA ear warmer and other small UTA-branded items (“Prize”). UTA representatives will contact winner to arrange for the retrieval of the Prize.
- Prizes. All expenses not specifically identified as included in the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Prize winner. The Prize is awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Acceptance, participation in and/or use of the Prize is at winner’s sole risk and UTA is not responsible for any damages whatsoever including special, indirect, or consequential damages, arising out of or in connection with the use and/or misuse of the Prize. Prize winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and fees and other expenses associated with the Prize receipt and any use that is not expressly included in the Prize description.
- Prize Conditions. Except as prohibited by law, the Prize winner’s entry and acceptance of the Prize constitutes the winner’s irrevocable, absolute right and permission for UTA to use, publish, post or display Prize winner’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, city and state address, Prize information, and any quotes attributed to the winner for any purpose, including, but not limited to advertising, trade, promotional and publicity purposes on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further authorization, notification, opportunity to review, approval or compensation of any kind, and each winner releases UTA from any and all liability related thereto.
- General Conditions and Indemnification. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. By participating, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of UTA. Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest of these Official Rules. All Entrants agree to follow the Official Rules and release, discharge, and hold harmless and indemnify UTA against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described) with respect to or arising out of any injuries, damages, or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any Prize or participation in any promotional-related activity or participation in this Contest. In consideration for being awarded the Prize, or any portion thereof, Prize winner hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation, or remuneration of any kind, to the use of Prize winner’s name and/or likeness in any advertising, promotions, and other publicity conducted by UTA, except where prohibited by law. UTA reserves the right to modify the schedule of the Contest without prior notification and the right to make changes or additions to these Official Rules for any reason at any time. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Disputes. Entrant agrees that any all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action and exclusively by the appropriate state or federal court located in Salt Lake City Utah.