NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
UTAH TRANSIT AUTHORITY
RE: Proposed August 2017 Service Changes. UTA is proposing several service changes to local bus service in Utah County. A Public Hearing will be held at the location listed below to discuss these proposed changes. The hearing is to gather feedback for changes to routes 807 and 809, located mostly in the American Fork and Pleasant Grove areas.
Public Hearing Location:
Pleasant Grove Recreation Center
Rooms 5 & 6
547 South Locust Avenue
Pleasant Grove, Utah
May 25, 2017
5:30 p.m. -7 p.m.
At the hearing, the Utah Transit Authority will provide an opportunity for citizens, private transportation providers, public officials and interested agencies to comment on the proposed changes. To be included as part of the Public Comment record, all comments must be postmarked or received by UTA no later than June 11, 2017.
THE FORMAT FOR THE PUBLIC HEARINGS WILL BE AS FOLLOWS:
Open House to review and discuss proposal with UTA representatives; public comment accepted anytime during the Open House.
To assure full participation at the hearing, accommodations for effective communication such as sign language interpreters, printed materials in alternative formats or a language interpreter for non-English speaking participants, must be requested at least five (5) working days prior to the date of the scheduled event. Requests for ADA accommodations should be directed to UTA’s ADA Compliance Officer at 801-287- 3536 or dial 711 to make a relay call for deaf or hearing impaired persons. To request a language interpreter, please contact the UTA Public Hearing Officer at 801-287-2270.
Written comments may be submitted to the following address: Erika Shubin, Utah Transit Authority, 669 West 200 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84101, or emailed directly to email@example.com. Phone calls and questions about the proposal may be directed to Ken Anson at 801-227-8957. All comments will become part of the public record if received by 5 p.m. on June 11, 2017.
Proposals are as follows:
UTA is proposing several service changes dependent upon operational feasibility and financial limitations. The changes are designed to improve bus service. Also, various timing and routing adjustments need to be made for a more efficient operating local bus system.
- Route 809 is a proposed, new fixed route to be implemented for limited service between Pleasant Grove and American Fork to the American Fork FrontRunner Station. The proposed route will run from Pleasant Grove Main Street north to Pleasant Grove’s Center Street, west on West State Street to 1300 West, south on 1300 West to Pleasant Grove Blvd, west on Pleasant Grove Blvd to I-15, north on I-15 to 500 East in American Fork, and north on 500 East to State Street in American Fork. The route will then run west on State Street to 300 West, south on 300 West to 200 South and then west on 200 South to the American Fork FrontRunner Station. There will be two trips in the morning going from Pleasant Grove and American Fork to the American Fork FrontRunner Station. In the afternoon there will be two trips going from the FrontRunner Station to American Fork and Pleasant Grove.
- Route 807 will have a slight modification on SR-92. Instead of pulling into the IM Flash business facility, the route is proposed to serve the Oracle, Maritz-CX and Iasis Hospital on the south side of SR-92. The number of trips and the times for the route will not change.
- Due to road construction at Utah Valley University (UVU), slight modifications will need to be made to routes 807, 840, 841 and 862. These changes are outlined below:
- 807 New routing using 800 S north of UVU,
- 840 New routing using 800 S north of UVU, use north lot in UVU
- 841 New routing using 800 S north of UVU
- 862 New routing using 800 S north of UVU
- Other small timing and schedule changes as needed.
- If approved, changes would go into effect on August 17, 2017.
Additional information items:
- Relevant information about the proposed changes will be available at the Public Hearing or on the UTA website at rideuta.com. The proposal may also be reviewed at the UTA’s Timpanogos Business Unit at 1110 South Geneva Road, Orem, UT until June 11, 2017. If commenting via mail, comments must be postmarked or received by UTA no later than 5 p.m. on June 11, 2017 to be part of the public comment record.
Utah Transit Authority